Saturday, August 14, 2010

Just because I hadn't already had enough...

This week I have spent over 20 hours at the cancer center between infusions, getting iv rehydration, etc.  I went in yesterday and showed them my stomach.  It looked like I was pregnant but appeared over a 3 day span.  They sent me to the hospital for imaging and found that I had Ascites, which is the accumulation of fluid in the abdominal cavity.  I ended up in the ER getting a procedure where they insert a very long, thick needle that punctures the skin and abdominal wall...then a catheter goes through and drains the liquid.  They were able to drain a liter and a half for now and will send it off to get the pathology tested.  We are PRAYING very hard that it is just from irritation from all of the HELL (sorry for the crude word) that my abdomen has been through, but there is a chance that it is malignant ascites and that it will be an indication of cancer spreading.  I am SO NERVOUS...and can't rest until I know the results.  Please keep praying...specifically that this is not cancerous.  My poor body is getting worn out...from all of the attempted treatments.  I am not sure how much  more I can take.  Thanks again for listening.  And thanks to those that helped me with my kids and rides yesterday.  I am so grateful for wonderful support!

14 comments:

jodi said...

Oh Shanda, that's AWFUL!! I'm sure it was very painful. You are SO strong! Hopefully you just have to endure this a little longer. We're praying that it's not malignant. Hang in there! (Sorry if you're sick of hearing that. I imagine I would be...)

Andrea J said...

Love you Shanda, I'll be waiting to hear the good news.

Auna Leigh said...

you are amazing! we will be praying, as always. you are a saint. take care. love you!

Tracey said...

Oh Shanda it truly does sound horrible. I am so sorry you have to go through this and will be praying so hard that the pain lessens and that it is not cancerous. You are so amazing and so strong, you've been through so much already, I know you can make it through this as well!!! Our prayers are with you!

Lexie said...

Shanda, that is terrible. I'm so sorry that you have things like this on top of everything else. We will be praying that there is good news and that this will not be repeated either! We love you!

Laurene said...

We will be praying that the best possible decisions will be made in your behalf. It does seem highly likely that it's your body's reaction to so much extreme trauma.

Mike and Lisa Young said...

Shanda,
I KNOW and UNDERSTAND the frustration of this disease and all the odd complications. My heart breaks for you because I do understand!! Everytime I think I am doing well, there is another hurdle to jump over. However, I do know that the Lord is aware of us and that we are stronger than we think we are.

I have been pleading with the Lord in your behalf.

Gloria said...

Thanks so much for your beautiful faith and spirit that you share with all of us. Your battle is a valiant quest to overcome a huge trial and you are inspiring many with your blog! Love, Gloria

Patti said...

Praying for you. You will be better soon.

Kim said...

I am so sorry to hear this. Hang in there Shanda. I know its tough but you have a lot of people on your side. We will continue praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Good luck! You are in our prayers, I hope that you get some good news tomorrow!

Mauri said...

So sorry to hear! You are so strong, Shanda! Your faith and our prayers will get you through this! Thinking of you!!

Hope the girls enjoyed the cake tonight and that your dad shared :-)

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers...you are so strong!

Darger Party of 3 said...

In my prayers. All the best.