Saturday, March 17, 2012

ExCiTiNg NEWS!! and INTRO to "Out Living It"

I'm not sure where to even start with this...because I am so passionate about it and excited about the project!  By now you have all read about the AMAZING whitewater kayaking retreat I did last summer for cancer survivors through First Descents... and what I didn't write about at the time was that we had Michael Brown of Serac Films there filming with his stellar crew.  Michael has won 3 Emmys as well as MANY other awards for his films...and beyond that he is just an amazing, humble, kind man. 

They filmed our adventures there and are finishing a movie about our group of cancer survivors and our experience. I feel honored and humbled by the chance to be included and share part of my experience. I even had some filming done at my house later just to get some footage of my family spending time together.  The film is premiering at the Aspen Film Festival in the ShortsFest on April 14th...and I will be flying out for the premier.  Because how many other times in life will I see myself on screen for an renowed film festival?  I'm so excited to see it!!!!  They just released a small trailer that you can view below.  
The intro is Michael Brown, the amazing director....explaining that the film has the potenetial to change lives....and do amazing things.  He has donated all of his time, talents, and energy since last summer getting it ready, but it needing donations to help them finish editing, finish the sountrack, and distributing it nationwide to make a difference.  The trailer follows his quick comments.  I am in several of the shots.  My FD name is "Limbo"...and I have a red boat!  Check it out!  Tell me what you think of the trailer.l The link is where you can make a donation...and even $1 is hugely appreciated to finish this amazing project.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1764041027/out-living-it

7 comments:

Judaloo said...

a-MAZING!! I want to see the whole video. I bawled.

kdnaegle said...

Really AMAZING!!! You looked beautiful as ALWAYS!!!

Laurene said...

It will be fun to see someday!

andikeren said...

keep the spirit of doing and get the job done .... I can only pray .... that God will give better ....

Lexie said...

Awesome! I love that with all you've gone through, you just keep getting better and better and more inspiring!

Aly G said...

So cool!! I am a ball of tears right now! First time in a long time I have seen your darling face and it just hit me! Love ya!! If you are close by or it works I would love to see you when you are here! You amaze!!

FUAD HASAN said...

What a nice time you all had.
godaddy coupon