Sunday, July 11, 2010

Desperate times call for desperate measures...

I tried accupuncture because I have tried everything else to combat the constant nausea and miserable chemo symptoms.  I have already been a pincushion, so I figured...why not?  And it wasn't that bad....I actually fell asleep on the table.  I can't believe I let them, but they put about 50 or so needles in me...on my face, in my ears, in my arms, legs, and stomach.  It was bizarrely relaxing.  I think I will try it again this week.  I have my regular LONG chemo infusion tomorrow...wish me luck!

6 comments:

Melissa Conway said...

Hey Shanda! Your post made me recall something I'd read once about selenium being good for reducing chemo side-effects. Here's a link to an article that explains it: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0ISW/is_258/ai_n8592715/

xxoo
Melissa

Kelly said...

Sounds like fun....I want pictures of you next time....ones with them out of your ears :)
Good luck....you have made it up the hill...this is all downhill from now on!

Laurene said...

Perhaps you have tried them: Celestial Seasonings Tension Tamer and Celestial Seasonings Tummy Mint. Both are best steeped in 1/2 C. boiling water each for higher concentration (and less to swill down). Do you also have some kind of tablet or pill that has been prescribed for nausea? I'm so glad Acupuncture was a positive experience for you!

Unknown said...

Now that I have figured out how to leave you a comment. I just wanted to let you know that it was FANTASTIC to see you the other day at the club. I am sending all my energy your way today. :)

The Atwood's said...

I have friends that swear by accupuncture and absolutely love it.

Lexie said...

Great idea Shanda, I'm glad it was at least relaxing, did it help with the nausea? Good luck with the chemo today, I hope it goes much, much better.

Love you!