Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My new "LIFE LIST"...

I am packing to leave town tomorrow to check off yet another thing on my "life list".  (which is somewhat like a bucket list, I guess...but is comprised of things I want to do in my life.)  I am making lists of things I want to do.  I spent too many years being afraid to try new things, to look dumb putting myself out there, and avoided getting outside my comfort zone.  Cancer has caused me to face many fears head on...and I've learned that I CAN do much more than I ever imagined or gave myself credit for.  And trying new things is only hard if I let it be.  I have discovered some amazing new hobbies in the last two years and can't figure out why I spent so much of my life missing out on SO much!

No one knows...but this week I am going to become a certified ZUMBA instructor.  Why not right?  Yep...that's what I said. This is another thing I am doing...just to show my body that I am in control...and that I can.  I'll let you know how it goes.  

Also...Last week I officially signed up as the captain of a competitive USTA tennis team.  I'm weak... but full of passion for a game that I LOVE.  So...bring it!  I love the chance to practice and make my physical weaknesses strong.  I am training for it like I would a marathon.  And I am committed!  Win or lose...I feel like I've won just by overcoming my fear to try.  

2 comments:

Laurene said...

I'm taking this to heart. I need to "stick out my neck" more. I have a tendency towards the negative and timid when it comes to considering "branching out". Thank you, Shanda for planting yet another good seed!

Charlotte said...

That is so cool. Good job!