Sunday, January 23, 2011

She Reads...

I forgot to post, but a couple of weeks ago Addie was on school field trip to our local children's museum.  She didn't want to play, but spent the entire time making words with magnetic letters on a huge magnet board.  We spelled sentences and she kept sounding them out and reading them.  I was pretty surprised.  I haven't been able to work with her as much as I wanted this year (for obvious reasons...) but I think Aana has been a great teacher for her.  Now she is a reading machine and she is SO excited.  Tonight she told me her goal was to read all of her Dr. Seuss books by herself.  She's only 3...we need to take it one step at a time! Kids are amazing!!!  I love how happy this discovery has made her.

8 comments:

Laurene said...

A thirst for useful knowledge is terrific! Hopefully, she keeps it!

Alison said...

Way to go Addie! And what a gorgeous picture of an adorable little girl!

Tracey said...

That doesn't surprise me at all!! I can just picture Aana being an awesome teacher! How fun!

Jennica said...

Seriously how cute is that picture! Love that Addie and all her wonderful surprises (& curve balls) She is such a smart little lady growing up so fast!

Judaloo said...

That picture is amazing! I think I am going to print a copy for Jacie. Way to go Addikins!! Miss smartypants!!

Gloria said...

I've never heard of a 3 yr. old setting a goal! That must have knocked your socks off!! Your example has been POWERFUL!!!

Aly G said...

Oh what a smarty! She is such a beautiful little doll!

More than a picture said...

I like your blog and your photos!