Saturday, March 20, 2010

It keeps running without a hitch...

It is amazing how my life keeps going while I am not able to participate.  I am so grateful that amazing people step into my shoes and carry on for my children.  This morning my parents took the girls to our neighborhood egg hunt, then they have a birthday party, then Aana has a soccer game, and so on.

It is time that I thank all those who work behind the scenes in my life keeping it together for me while I can't.  My mom cheerfully slept in a miserable cot beside me every night at the hospital taking care of all the things that the nurses didn't have time to or want to do.   Larry and my Dad have juggled work and kid duties to be beside me and have been there every step of the way.  My sister is willing for any task and rescues me when needed.  My mother in law flew out and stayed with my girls while I was in the hospital...and my father in law entered a cancer benefit run and ran in my behalf. 

There are hundreds more behind the scenes that I want to thank.  You keep working tirelessly for me...taking my children to their lessons, making me a calendar for my appts., teaching preschool even on my days, making be beautiful blankets, organizing my pantry while I am in Dr.'s appoitnments, surprising me with lunch, making decorations for my hospital room, sending me packages of cheer, gathering the ward to make a beautiful quilt for me, random acts of kindness, saying just what I need to hear on rough days and SO much more. 

I have always been taught to choose good friends...but recently I realized that my family and friends are ANGELS!  I hope each of you know how grateful I am to have you in my life!!!  

6 comments:

Judaloo said...

Totally love those pictures, AND these updates!!

Natalie said...

What a sweetheart you are! You have such great friends and family because you ARE! Keep smiling and staying strong!

reverseoreo said...

I love the pictures and the updates. I thought that was cool that you Dad entered a race for cancer.Thankyou for just being you. Your a great friend and if you need anything please give me a call.Annette

Auna Leigh said...

ahhhhh! how sweet! i can feel the love you have been receiving and giving! glad you are in good hands when we are so far away! love you!

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

...you know that I am always here no matter what! And THANK YOU for being such an amazing friend...being strong for me in my time of need to. You will get through this...and I know that things will start to sort themselves out...LOVE YOU and I will be home soon.

julie said...

shanda, you amaze and inspire me. i know the people who love you consider it a blessing and a privilege to be there close to you, to serve and help you in any way they can. every time i think of you i feel the Spirit and a sweet reassurance of how much Heavenly Father loves His children.