Monday, December 1, 2008

Blessed...

I am grateful for MANY things....but here are a few (in no particular order!)
  • Health
  • The opportunity to learn from our mistakes in life
  • Modern day appliances: microwave, dishwasher, oven, washer and dryer, hot water heater
  • The Sweet, heartfelt, and humble prayers of children
  • The beauty and majesty of nature
  • Music (as it has been a comfort and inspiration to me throughout my life)
  • The amazing ability children have share love and joy all around them
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Plan of Happiness (my rock and my compass)
  • The freedoms and protections of America (we are so blessed to live here...even despite trying times!)
  • The internet (as it is such an amazing tool...and keeps me connected to my friends and loved ones!)
  • The powerful examples I am surrounded by in my life...those that teach me daily and likely don't even know it!
  • Sundays...as they are such a respite for me from the regular chaos in my week!
  • Laughter...
  • Service (as I have noticed that in doing this is where I find the most joy and learn much about myself)
  • Family... the most brilliant arrangement of our Creator. It is where I am given the most love, support, strength, opportunity for growth, and even trails.
  • Love (which has the capacity to warm, sweeten, heal, bond, comfort, forgive, and overcome...)
  • Digital cameras; because now I feel limitless with the pictures I can take of precious moments in my life.
  • Chocolate!! (need I say more!)
  • My husband...who seems to love me despite my quirks, flaws, and shortcomings...
  • My girls...who are the source of all joys in my life and have added meaning to everything!
  • My parents....who have helped me along the journey and have inspired my steps

There are so many others things that are flooding my mind...maybe I will try to write them down more often. I feel truly blessed...

5 comments:

Natalie said...

SO many things to be grateful for! Hey could you please email me your address so we can send you a Christmas card?

rachel said...

Hey I found you guys! You have two kids now way to go. Fun to catch up.Your girls are so cute.Merry Christmas!

Tracey said...

I"m so jealous you went to the beach with out kids and saw Twilight! Awesome! I need to check in on your blog more often because I missed the great Modbe sale, it sounds like it was good. So you didn't mention how you liked Forks. I'm hoping Twilight comes here eventually but they only show one movie at a time at the theater and they are geared toward the single marines so I am going to doubt it! Alas, I will rent it. I'm glad you got a night out by yourself- even grocery shopping alone is such a treat!

Lexie said...

Love your post! It's good to write down blessings sometimes, don't you think?

katie said...

Love the post! I need your address so I can send you a Christmas card My email me at natebudge@hotmail.com