Sunday, January 8, 2012

Two Year Diagnosis Anniversary...but LIFE goes on!

January 5th is a day that completely rocked my world...two years ago.  The good new is that I was so busy that day that I didn't even slow down to remember.  I count that as a HUGE blessing.  The 5th was on Thursday...and that morning, I was blessed to do SO many things that I wasn't able to for so long.  I got my girls ready for school, went to the TENNIS class that I used to go to, I drove my girls to different lessons after school, I took them to a Zumba class with me, and I rode an exercise bike...then came home to make dinner and have a fun family evening.  My days aren't all that busy, but it was such a great example of LIVING and my heart has been so full.
Another small milestone: I got fully cleared from all of my doctors to return to tennis...and it is something that I had really missed.  It is amazing to me that I can play.  My vision has been limited since my brush with near starvation a year ago.  Many of you also know...but I lost ALL feeling in both legs from my knees down from severe nerve damage.  I still think it is a miracle that I can walk...but I can.  I step on court with my raquet in my hand and I just smile.   One of my goals for this year is to get strong enough to enter a tournament.  I have a long way to go...and need to regain so much strength, but I can't wait to do it!  (Side note: your bodies are such blessing...treasure them and be good to them.  They are AMAZING creations!!!  Please never take your health for granted!)

1 comment:

Laurene said...

Your life story these past two years is my favorite real life fairy tale come true!!!