Saturday, December 24, 2011

My favorite Christmas thought...

“This Christmas, mend a quarrel. Seek out a forgotten friend. Dismiss suspicion and replace it with trust. Write a letter. Give a soft answer. Encourage youth. Manifest your loyalty in word and deed. Keep a promise. Forgo a grudge. Forgive an enemy. Apologize. Try to understand. Examine your demands on others. Think first of someone else. Be kind. Be gentle. Laugh a little more. Express your gratitude. Welcome a stranger. Gladden the heart of a child. Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth. Speak your love and then speak it again.”
~Howard W. Hunter

I have posted this before, but I challenge myself to try each of these things through the preparations for the holidays.  Doing this helps make my Christmas more meaningful.  I feel SO grateful to be home and with my family this Christmas.  As you know, I  was recently told there is no more chemo available to me to help fight my cancer at this time.  The silver lining of that is that I get to have a chemo/hospital free Christmas.  We are having a wonderful time together.  We have talked of our Savior and studied the scriptures about his birth.  We have enjoyed doing service and sung carols to proclaim his birth.  The tree is lit and the presents are wrapped.  I need nothing more...my Christmas is complete!  I am so grateful for this time to reflect again on my blessings~  Merry Christmas!!

3 comments:

Aly G said...

Thanks for sharing that awesome quote by Howard Hunter! So beautiful! I am so glad you were able to be home and enjoy Christmas with your family feeling better!! Miss you and love you guys!

Tom said...

I love your Christmas card! So cute!!! We need to plan our next get together!

Tracey

Meg said...

I just used that quote in my RS lesson. Love it!! Happy New Year!!!