Thursday, July 12, 2012

Colorado FUN and Sharing FD love!

I got the chance to take a quick trip to Denver for a long weekend with my mom so that we could go speak at an event for an organization to raise awareness and money for an organization that is so near and dear to my heart....First Descents!  My mom got the see the current cut of the film that I am in called "Out Living It"... which was so great to be able to share with her.  It is still being entered in film festivals, but I promise to let you know when we can all go see it.

Kayak gear is HOT! Right?
Working on my ROLL!
After an amazing hike to Hanging Lake!


We had a blast!!! We visited friends and I got a chance to share with her some things that have meant so much to me this last year.  I got to take her whitewater kayaking on the exact rivers where I learned last summer...and with the exact amazing instructor!  Thank you again...Renaissance Adventure Guides for the amazing weekend!

And the last thing we did was speak at the First Descents Summer Solstice party.  It was held on the longest (and HOTTEST) day of the year and celebrated life...and raised money to change more lives like mine.  I felt honored to have the chance to share my story and will post the video of it soon!  The audience was amazing, generous, and kind.  It was a wonderful experience all around! (And...we were so glad once our speaking parts were over!)



3 comments:

Laurene said...

So thrilled to see these updates!!! Yes! Kayak gear is definitely hot (in more ways than one :) ). P.S. I am struggling lately with proving that I am "not a robot" when posting. ;)

Taz said...

I loved the picture of you & you mom.

Rik no Blog said...

Bom!