Sunday, February 14, 2010

LoVe

It is coincidental that today was Valentines day because the last couple of weeks mind has been centered on the theme of "LOVE"...and I will try to express some of my thoughts.   Never in my life have I felt so much of an outpouring of love on my behalf...and it has left an imprint on my heart that will forever remain.  I can't even begin to describe how full my heart is...

I am not sure if you (all of you reading this) will ever know how much the littlest things you do for others matter.  Gestures like phone calls, emails, blog comments, sending a card, and keeping our family in your prayers... those things mean the world to us right now.  I have been diagnosed with cancer for 41 days, and during that time we have received quite a bit of "bad news," but you all have shared such kindness, love, faith, and compassion...and our spirits have been bouyed up because of it.  This trial has taught me much about charity...empathy...real friendship...and genuine compassion.  I have never before seen such creative and caring ways of showing someone that you are thinking about them.  Each of you individually has so much to share that brightens the world...in just your unique way, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing some of that with me.  My family has been blessed by all of you!!!  Today I celebrate shared love of all kinds....

My life is not perfect and I have burdens and trials just as we ALL do, but I can genuinely say that I am so blessed!

2 comments:

Auna Leigh said...

ahhhh shucks! love ya more!

Shellie said...

Love ya, Shanda!