Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Training for a Marathon...

Don't be too impressed...

Aana is the one training, not Larry or myself. But that doesn't diminish her hard work! She did it last year and is training again this year. It is a fun kids marathon program where kids run at least a mile 5 times a week for to total at least 25 miles...and next weekend they finish the last 1.2 miles to complete their "marathon." They get to run across a nice timed finish line, get a big medal, and a t-shirt. Aana is devout in her training...and will even run the treadmill if the weather isn't nice, or we forget to run with her. (And addie likes to take a few steps with her "running" shoes on when Aana is done...)






1 comment:

Taz said...

When I training for a marathon my trainer told me to run five miles each day for a month. After doing this for two months, Lynette finally came & picked me up in Salt Lake. I guess I was supposed to go two miles & then turn back towards home.