Thursday, April 2, 2009

Youthful aspirations...

Aana has always wanted to be a Vetrenarian. She constantly is trying to learn about animals...she uses her doctor kit on her stuffed animals...and she just LOVES animals. This has come as a surprise to me, because I don't really encourage that. I like animals, but don't really want to touch them. (it stems from a deep rooted germaphobia...) Her love for animals surprises me MOST because she has been bit in the face THREE different times by large hunting dogs. I would expect her to be scared to death, but she isn't!

But yesterday, she informed me of a new aspiration. Occasionally she watches the cartoon "Higglytown Heroes" on the Disney channel. If you haven't seen that show, than I need to quickly explain. They glorify every different type of profession that you can think of ranging from hot dog vendor to trash man. Apparently she has recently watched an episode on someone that runs a laundromat...and now. That is what she wants to do. She says she wants to wash other people's laundry for a job. She is insistent...and has mentioned it to me several times. She has a very elaborate scheme and gets to excited to tell me about it!

I appreciate all of the diffferent positions there are in life and I am grateful for those laboring in all different fields...but honestly... I think I am going to quit letting her watch that show~ :)

5 comments:

Jennica said...

I think you should encourage her dream and I would be glad to help her in this endeavor. You tell Aana any time she wants to do my laundry, the answer is yes!

Unknown said...

Usually they give you a description of the show before you watch it. I would just screen out the shows that glorify the trash men & laundry Ladies. I read that a Vetrianian technician is a good field with good job security. I vote for that one.

Kelly said...

If she decides to become a housekeeper...she can come live with me! Miss you guys!

Lexie said...

Go Aana, way to make the world a cleaner place! I hear there is big money in laundromats!

Larry, Shanda, Aana, and Addison said...

I don't think this will last...she doesn't even like folding clothes at home...